Have you ever cracked a tooth or lost a large filling? Maybe you’ve had root canal therapy on a tooth or a front tooth that is broken or has always been oddly shaped?
Then you’ve probably needed a crown and experienced gooey impressions and multiple appointments that are inconvenient and frustrating? Does this sound familiar?
What if I told you that you that we can complete your crown – from start to finish – in one, simple visit with CEREC crown? Would you want to know more?
At Hadfield Dental Care, we know how important your dental health is to you and your family. We also understand how busy you are. That’s why we work hard to provide excellent dental crowns as conveniently as possible by utilizing the latest dental technology… CEREC.
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a high-tech dental device that we have in our offices that allows our patients to go from diagnosis to walking out of our office with their new crown in place, all in the same day (Actually, it only takes a couple of hours from start to finish!). This cutting-edge digital mapping technology charts the inside of your mouth and takes a computer image of your tooth, so it’s very detailed and accurate. Your new tooth is milled out of a solid ceramic block in our office and bonded to your tooth after the dentist has prepared it. It’s that simple!
What is the process to get a CEREC Crown?
When you get a CEREC Crown or “same day crown”, you get to skip the gooey impression and the second visit! The process is much faster and easier:
- After your oral exam and digital x-rays, the dentist will determine if a crown is necessary.
- The doctor will prepare your tooth.
- An intraoral camera is used to take a digital image or impression of your tooth.
- Based on the image, the CEREC software creates a virtual model of the patient’s tooth. The dentist uses this model to construct the tooth restoration on the screen and passes the finished construction wirelessly to an in-office milling machine.
- A high-grade ceramic, plaque-resistant material is then milled, or manufactured, to complete your new crown by the CEREC device. You can even watch, if you’d like!
- After the dentist adds finishing touches to the restoration, he will immediately place the crown on your tooth. Little to no bite adjustment is needed.
- Your CEREC Crown is perfectly sized, shaped, and shaded to complement your individual smile for optimal form and function.
The entire CEREC Crown process is completed in one visit!
Is the CEREC Crown durable?
A CEREC Crown offers an affordable solution for anyone wanting to minimize their time at the dental office. Some patients ask if the CEREC Crown is as durable as a conventional crown, made in the dental lab. We’re happy to report that there is no difference in the durability of these crowns.
The “same day” CEREC Crown is made faster, due to the computer-aided technology. This makes it possible for our dentists to fabricate the crown quickly with a very high degree of accuracy. Typically, a high-grade ceramic material is used because it is preferred by most patients, especially when having a crown placed on a front tooth. So the process of making the crown does not impact its quality or duration. The restoration can be matched to the color of each patient’s natural teeth, so it looks beautiful and natural.
With twice a day brushing and daily flossing, teamed with semi-annual dental exams and cleanings, these amazing restorations last for years and give our patients beautiful, durable smiles.
Are CEREC Crowns the only restorations made by CEREC?
Other restorative dental services can be treated with CEREC technology to rebuild teeth that are compromised by decay, oral injury, malformation, root canal therapy, infection or multiple fillings. Complete or partial crowns (inlays or onlays), as well as crown and bridge work can also be treated using the CEREC technology.
Dr. Hadfield guarantees excellent service by continuously learning new technology and staying up to date with the new advances in the field of dentistry.